Sunday, January 4, 2009

unexplainable in incomprehensible blog...

"when life hands you lemons, make beef stew". I heard this saying on Andy milonakis's show awhile back. At first it seemed a bit hilarious and stupid, but I have actually come to use this saying in my life.
I don't know what it is suppose to mean exactly, but my conclusion is that we need to not just see what we have, but actually come and use it for more than what we think it can make. Sure the original saying says,"when life hands you lemons make lemonade". But that resource is apparent and easy to understand. but with Andy's, we have to actually TRY to see what other thing you can actually do with what you are given. So when something is given to me, I try to see why that is. Not just to see what is in front of me but was is behind it.
kind of like the gospel. We have to see more than just words and sentences. We have to see what is behind those words and why They are there. we can't just read and say what is written down and what is right in front of us. We have to read and see what is more. Or like a poem, many people interpret poems in their own way. It is never the same way with every person that reads it(especially with Shakespeare). It is pinpointed to what are struggling through the most. Poems are there to help you with experiences, to help you come and see that they are there for a reason.
So when life hands you lemons make more then lemonade, make beef stew.

No comments: