Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I wanna see ya tonight

     I feel like everything we strive to complete in life revolves around the same goal, the same expectation that we want to accomplish. At least, for me, that is. You see, no matter how successful I feel, or actually get, all I want is to find my person. I want to have that one friend to be completely comfortable with. Yes, I do have my family and I do have my best friends, but you see, everyone wants to have their soul mate. Everyone is searching to find that one person that they can completely confide in, that they can truly be comfortable with, searching for that one being that makes them feel completely whole. My heart has been searching, my mind has been seeking, and I feel like possibly I am finally reaching for it.
     I'm so jealous of my friends that are married, that are starting families, that are in a relationship that they have complete confidence in. I love the confidence that they have with each other, I love the faith that they have with one another, the hope, the strength, the passion. I'm jealous that they are done searching. I'm jealous that they have succeeded. 
     Why is it so difficult? why does it vary for every person? Why does it take years for some people to find their person, and some they knew they found theirs in high school? Maybe, the reason it was easier for others, is because they weren't actively searching? Possibly, they already knew that that was the person that they were going to spend their lifetime with? I don't know, but all I do know, is that love, no matter how small, plays a huge role in our lives. Love is something that every person strives to withhold. Love is something that makes people passionate. Love is something that gives hope. No matter how sappy this sounds, love is a huge factor in holding things and people together. It is a base, a major goal, and a huge accomplishment in life. 
   

No comments: