Tuesday, October 14, 2008

rushing waters

Today was basically a BOMB day. I went out and explored.
My grandparents and I drove up to Heber, Utah and looked at my relatives headstones.
I saw my Great great great great grandmothers. She was originally from sweden and treked clear across the country. She left her house, her family, and every thing she owned behind just for her faith. That, to me, is one of the most powerful things that I have ever heard. She sacrificed everything.
I don't know how she did it. I don't think many people today would ever do such a thing, leave everything behind. It would take a strong heart to do anything like that. But imagine the world if every being had that great amount of faith and courage to conquer anything. Cross clear from New York to Utah with only a hand cart to carry your food, and have only yourself and your daughter to push along through your darkest of fears... The world would be filled with heroes.
I love learning about people from the past. They had it so much harder than us. They sacrificed so many things just to protect their families, just to put food on their table, and just for their faith. Yet, today people don't do anything of the sort. Many people rely on the goverment to take care of them. They don't try, They have no ambition. And that makes me sad.
the ones that sacrificed are the ones that built our country. They are the foundation of the world. I just wish people would come and realize that. But, the world is filled with hate and deceit. I only hope that there will be more changes so that my kids won't have to grow in such a state of mind. I guess we will have to see. See what is to come, and only hope for a better tomorrow.
... P.s. this totally doesn't stick on the same topic but whatev.
here is a better thing to end the day with. and something that is more on my terms of personality...

5 comments:

brittany said...

OK, so the FIRST part gave my chills. That's so cool you got to learn about that. That's one of the reasons I LOVE YOU! Because you think it is cool.
The second part.... OMG I WAS DYING LAUGHING!!! Is that what you and Taylor have been talking about? SOO funny. Meigen that is so you!!! You would put that on your blog.
;).
peace.

Alyssa said...

ugh. my dumb computer will not let me watch the video.
I agree with B you are so cool. and so is your great great great swedish grandmother.
I am eating (surprisesurprise) something so delicous that I can't even fucous on this comment. I am going to blog about it...haha. I am really your lamest friend.
love.

Alyssa said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!
the cuppycake song. My sister and I used to listen to that song ALL THE TIME!! We found it on limewire and played it over and over.
BEST SONG EVER.
I so love you.

Lori Villarreal said...

Meigen
You are doing a great job on your blog. You have taken some awesome pics. When you get home you will have to show me how to do a blog. Love ya

Alyssa said...

meg.
I am in the best mood right now and I have every reason to be.
God loves me a whole lot and so do the friends that mean so much to me. you are incredible. FIRST of all when I came to your page the first thing that played was the cuppy cake song. :] and now I am listening to ingrid's song. which is what I was listening to when I wrote the blog you commented on.
I love this song. and how you understand what I am talking about when I make no sense.
ILOVEYOU.